My dad and I have been taking dance lessons for the past few weeks. We are having a dance after the wedding at the reception. This will be the first time my dad and I have ever danced together in public. He’s nervous, I can't wait. He didn’t want to just sway back and forth during our dance, so we started taking dance lessons. It’s been so much fun. My dad is an athlete, but dancing has come pretty natural for him. He’s so cute (can you call your dad cute?) Sometimes, he has to count the steps out loud so he “feel the music.” It’s something I will always remember. I have really enjoyed those times with my dad. I can’t wait to dance with my dad in 10 days.
My mom and my dad almost called off their relationship because they went to a Christmas party many years ago and my mom wanted to dance but my dad didn’t want to. They left the party that night mad and upset, when my dad dropped my mom off at the door he said, “I was going to propose to you tonight.” Well needless to say, he did, she said yes, and they’ve been married for 26 years. Over the summer they started dancing together also. I’m excited for them to dance together as well.
This is for you dad, “Quick, Quick, Slow, Quick, Quick, Slow…”
Ready or Not
10 years ago

1 comments:
Way To Go, Ed!
Post a Comment