CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

November 12, 2005


November 12, 2005. The awaited wedding day was perfect. A day I will never forget. Father thank you for your goodness, faithfulness, peace, and excitement. Perfect- that is how I would describe it. Everything looked so beautiful and the day was ironically relaxing. That morning I got up and had breakfast with my best friends, two of them being my sisters. I had time to journal, read the Word, and share scripture and pray with Dani. After my hair and makeup was finished, I went to the church and was able to sit in the aisle alone and take it all in and enjoy the moment.

(Last year I spent a lot of time with exchange students, we had a wedding party back in May for the girls because they were all going home and couldn’t be here for the wedding. They wrote me notes to open on my wedding day. I sat in the church in my dress and read each note and remembered all the girls who meant so much to me. Thank you girls. You are all such a blessing to me. I miss y’all.)

Then, everyone showed up and pictures began. The groomsmen and ushers looked so nice in their tuxes and all the bridesmaids looked beautiful. Mom, you looked amazing.

The church looked beautiful- thanks Stephanie for all your work. Marcus’ Uncle played the piano for the Recessional. He is a Music Professor at Union University. He was so great. All the pieces he played sounded amazing. We showed a picture slide show of Marcus and I growing up, and the Bridal Party entered. My dad and I were next. I finally got a little nervous walking down the aisle. It hit me then. “This is your wedding day, you are the bride and your groom is waiting at the front of the church for you… The day is here.” We walked down the aisle and my dad gave me away to a man who has so many of the same qualities that my dad possesses. We began the ceremony in worship. The ceremony was truly a worship experience for me. As we were worshipping, I was overwhelmed by the Father’s faithfulness and goodness in my life. I’m alive. I’m alive. I am alive and well and I am so thankful that the Father allowed me to live and do life “for better for worse, in sickness and in health” with Marcus. The ceremony ended, and our marriage began with a kiss. “May I now introduce you to Mr. And Mrs. Marcus Pedroza.”

After the ceremony was over, and the pictures were finished, we took a trolley from the church to the Reception. Marcus and I stood on the trolley. People were honking, waving, yelling out their car window “CONGRATULATIONS!!” There were even a few people who took a picture of us from their car using their phone or digital camera. It was great!!!
I was so overwhelmed walking into the Reception Room. There were so many people there supporting us. So many old faces that I haven’t seen since childhood. So many people came who have inspired, challenged, and supported Marcus and me throughout the years. It was such a blessing to have my family, Marcus’ family, and all our friends there celebrating with us. There was food, lots of wedding cake, and DANCING!!! Marcus’ cake was two-tiered chocolate cake that had a globe on the top of the tiers. The globe represented our heart and desire to “Go” to the nations to make the Father’s name known and glorified.

0 comments: