CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 31, 2005

Weekend Update

This weekend was so nice... I did nothing, nothing. It's the first weekend in 2 1/2 months Marcus and I didn't have something to do. In the last two months, we've had three weddings to go to, bridal showers, Exchange Student Orientation, Disciple Now here in Lubbock that Marcus and I were leaders for, we taught a three hour class at The Heights Fellowship Church where we are members at, we spent a weekend in Dallas for the iWitness Banquet. What else.... oh yeah- along with finishing small wedding details, we've been doing repairs on our new house and moving our stuff into the house. People ask if I've been busy and stressed out with all the wedding stuff, actually that's been the easy part. I'm not stressed AT ALL about the wedding. It's "life" that is making me tired.

So this weekend, I slept. After work on Friday I took an hour nap, then my parents, Marcus, and I watched a movie that night... I went to bed around 11:30 Friday night and got up around 1:30pm on Saturday. We gained an extra hour of sleep Sunday morning. Sunday was spent relaxing and doing nothing. We watched "Father of the Bride" last night. What a great movie, and then I went to bed early. I feel like an old woman, but I sure do feel good today.

I love the movie, "Father of the Bride. It's great. I can't even imagine our wedding costing $250 a head. WOW! Two weeks from this past weekend and my dad will be the Father of the Bride. How exciting and scary. It's almost here. Any words of advice?

1 comments:

Lara said...

Katlyn-
Hey you! It's so nice to be able to "do nothing." Those days are DEFINETLY needed in my book! I'm really excited about watching God grow you, even in this waiting period of life. I think that's really cool and I love your outlook on things. I thought of you a lot yesterday! I was sitting on the rail and I saw a man with his young child. They obviously were probably lower-income class, but you could totally tell the love he had for his son as he held him and let him sleep on his shoulder. It made me think about the amazing love the Father has for us, and how immense and great He is. Despite everything there is this love He has for us and we can feel free to rest in his arms anytime we want and he will ever so gently kiss us on the forehead ever so often! Ha i remember thinking, man! i wish Katlyn was here so i could totally share my thoughts with her!! :-)