What a great weekend…
I had such a wonderful weekend. It was both exciting and relaxing. Friday night was the first time in a while that I had some alone time. I was at my parents house for the last weekend. What a weird feeling, knowing that I will soon have a husband and a house that we will make a home. This time also allowed me the opportunity to start and almost finish packing for the Honeymoon. This week will be busy, so I am so grateful I had that night to be able to pack in peace and reflect on my childhood, youth, and college. God has been so faithful to me. He’s brought me through so much, rescued me, restored me, healed me, blessed me beyond measure… My house, my room, all of it, reminds me of the Father’s faithfulness. There are so many great memories in that house.
Saturday was Sassy. My close girl friends threw me a “girl party.” I really enjoyed laughing, almost crying because we were laughing so hard, with my girl friends that have meant so much to me. The party was so fun and oh so sassy. I loved the cake, food, fellowship, “words of advice,” and all the gifts. (What do you do with this? Grandma finally got it right. I need help!!”). I still laugh out loud when I look at the picture of me and my identical cake.
Sunday, oh Sunday, Marcus and I went and worshipped together for the last time as an engaged couple. The message was on being grateful and thankful for all the many blessings the Father has poured out. As I sat and let the message soak in, my heart overflowed with thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for. An amazing man who loves me unconditionally, an amazing family, an amazing God. I am blessed.
Last night we spent some time with some friends we haven’t seen in awhile. It was good to see them and catch up on life. Afterwards we went and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for the first time. It reminded me of when I was little. Oh the joy of reliving childhood pleasures, enjoying the magic, feeling like a kid again….
Thank you Father for the weekend to relax, to enjoy life, to enjoy silence, laughter, friends, family, to remember to count my blessings which leads me to worship.
Ready or Not
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment