Treasuring in my heart so many moments that have taken place in the last week and a half.
As reflect on November 12, 2005, the day I married my best friend, Marcus, and the incredible week on our honeymoon, so many snapshots come to my mind and fill my heart with a smile. I am so blessed and over whelmed by it all. Every thing was so perfect. November 12 was truly the best night of my entire life. Everything and everyone looked so beautiful. There was an overwhelming peace and excitement that filled the entire day, no one was stressed at all leading up to the big event and the day was incredibly relaxing, exciting, and so enjoyable. The Father’s presence and glory surrounded us. I give Him all the praise and glory.
Snapshots… Rehearsal Dinner
The day before the wedding my mom and sisters getting our nails done and having so much fun laughing and relaxing, the Bridesmaids and me checking into a hotel before the Rehearsal, eating hors d’ oeuvres then going to the Rehearsal together. The Rehearsal- so much fun… it was nice to meet Marcus’ friends/groomsmen from high school, Albert and Nick. Albert, thanks for making my sister laugh so hard. Went to FireWater CafĂ© for the Rehearsal Dinner- Danielle- thank you for your toast and for your prayers in the hospital chapel two years ago- the Lord heard and answered. He is faithful. Dad, oh dad, your toast was perfect… I will never forget it.
After the dinner was over and everyone left, Marcus and I went outside and by the huge waterfall and I gave him a chest full of items I had collected on every mission trip I’ve been on for “the guy” I would one day marry. I began collecting these items on my first mission trip to India six years and continued to fill the chest up with items from Kenya, Japan, and Germany. Inside the chest was a journal that I began writing in high school full of letters that I wrote to my future husband. It was my joy and honor to present this chest to Marcus. Baby, I have been praying for you for years. I have prayed that the Father would direct our paths to lead us to each other when his timing was perfect and give us the same heart and passion for the nations. I am so excited to know that we our desire is to Go to the nations, regardless of the cost.
Back at the hotel my Bridesmaids, Sam, Nicole, Danielle, Jennifer, Elaine, were waiting for me to return. We stayed up talking about each other’s love stories, and then all the girls all recounted to me how they felt and the way they dealt with the news when finding out that I had a brain tumor. We talked about LOVE. Thanks for all the great pointers. We finally went to bed late that night, I think we laughed our selves to sleep. I remember falling asleep with a smile on my face and a full heart, feeling so blessed to be loved and adored my so many people and so blessed to have five amazing godly girls as my friends who rejoice for me.
To be continued…
As reflect on November 12, 2005, the day I married my best friend, Marcus, and the incredible week on our honeymoon, so many snapshots come to my mind and fill my heart with a smile. I am so blessed and over whelmed by it all. Every thing was so perfect. November 12 was truly the best night of my entire life. Everything and everyone looked so beautiful. There was an overwhelming peace and excitement that filled the entire day, no one was stressed at all leading up to the big event and the day was incredibly relaxing, exciting, and so enjoyable. The Father’s presence and glory surrounded us. I give Him all the praise and glory.
Snapshots… Rehearsal Dinner
The day before the wedding my mom and sisters getting our nails done and having so much fun laughing and relaxing, the Bridesmaids and me checking into a hotel before the Rehearsal, eating hors d’ oeuvres then going to the Rehearsal together. The Rehearsal- so much fun… it was nice to meet Marcus’ friends/groomsmen from high school, Albert and Nick. Albert, thanks for making my sister laugh so hard. Went to FireWater CafĂ© for the Rehearsal Dinner- Danielle- thank you for your toast and for your prayers in the hospital chapel two years ago- the Lord heard and answered. He is faithful. Dad, oh dad, your toast was perfect… I will never forget it.
After the dinner was over and everyone left, Marcus and I went outside and by the huge waterfall and I gave him a chest full of items I had collected on every mission trip I’ve been on for “the guy” I would one day marry. I began collecting these items on my first mission trip to India six years and continued to fill the chest up with items from Kenya, Japan, and Germany. Inside the chest was a journal that I began writing in high school full of letters that I wrote to my future husband. It was my joy and honor to present this chest to Marcus. Baby, I have been praying for you for years. I have prayed that the Father would direct our paths to lead us to each other when his timing was perfect and give us the same heart and passion for the nations. I am so excited to know that we our desire is to Go to the nations, regardless of the cost.
Back at the hotel my Bridesmaids, Sam, Nicole, Danielle, Jennifer, Elaine, were waiting for me to return. We stayed up talking about each other’s love stories, and then all the girls all recounted to me how they felt and the way they dealt with the news when finding out that I had a brain tumor. We talked about LOVE. Thanks for all the great pointers. We finally went to bed late that night, I think we laughed our selves to sleep. I remember falling asleep with a smile on my face and a full heart, feeling so blessed to be loved and adored my so many people and so blessed to have five amazing godly girls as my friends who rejoice for me.
To be continued…


0 comments:
Post a Comment