
Yesterday, Marcus and I went and bought our first Christmas tree together. It was the first time in my life I’ve had a real tree. What a great experience it was. I felt like a little kid, walking around all the trees, looking for the “perfect one.” Picking each one up, smelling the different types of trees, measuring how tall each tree was by having Marcus stand next to each one. I feel like I missed out as a little kid of this experience. I can only imagine how magically and exciting it must be for children. Even though I am an adult, Christmas really does bring out the child in me. We took our tree home, and my amazing light man, hung the lights in the tree, and then we decorated it together. I love our tree. I love sitting in our living room looking at the tree and allowing myself to be a child again. I love thinking about the Child who was born only to die on my behalf.
“Mary, did you know your baby boy would give life to a 17 year old girl who was ready to give up on life herself? Mary did you know, that your baby boy would call this girl to Go to the ends of the earth to make your baby’s name known? Did you know that your baby boy would heal me of all my spiritual, emotional, and physical needs? Did you know how faithful your son would be to me, how he would give more than I could have ever asked or imagined?” Did you know that your baby boy would grant his favor on two individuals and allow them to experience the joys of life together? Mary did you know?”
Ready or Not
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment