I wrote this in April, but wanted to share it on my new blog site.
I'm getting married. I still can't believe it. A part of me feels like the girl on "Father of the Bride." I feel like the 6 year old sitting at the dinner in the movie telling her dad, "I met a boy and I'm getting married." It's been a great time, a great moment in my life. I want to enjoy this stage of my life and not rush into the next too soon.
I bought a dress last week. Within 45 minutes I bought the third dress I tried on. It's beautiful. It's the dress I've always dreamed of. My mom and older sister were there when I picked it out. My sister helped me zip up the dress. There eyes kept filling with tears as I stood before them with the dress on. We were reminded of an earlier time in my life, one and a half years ago when they were there helping me into a gown. A hospital gown.
Oct 20, 2003, I had a brain tumor removed. I'm alive!!! Praise and Glory to the ONE who gave me life. I am alive and get to experience this new moment in my life. A moment I was never guaranteed. I want to enjoy my engagement. Every second of it. I want to praise God for living me life and blessing me with a man who loves God above all else and then me. I am blessed.
Ready or Not
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment