CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 16, 2005

Desperate

It is at the point of desperation people will cry out to God.

It was the desperate in the New Testament who cried out to God… the father whose daughter was dead who cried out to Jesus, the lepers, the blind, those caught in sin, the thief on the cross, the outsiders, lonely, forgotten. They all cried out from their desperate state to the ONE and ONLY.

It’s been during desperate times in my own life that I cried out to God… when I was a teenager, wandering through life, so lonely, ready to end my life, the time of desperation when I left my comfortable life and served the Father overseas, facing brain surgery and the unknown.

Am I desperate now? Do I NEED God? Are we desperate as a nation? As a Church? As His people? Father make us desperate for you? This is a scary prayer to pray… but Father we NEED you. Our Churches, our cities, our families, our friends, our county, the world needs You.

Desperate1 a : having lost hope, a desperate spirit crying for relief. b : giving no ground for hope, the outlook was desperate.2 a : moved by despair, victims made desperate by abuse. b : involving or employing extreme measures in an attempt to escape defeat or frustration, made a desperate leap for the rope.3 : suffering extreme need or anxiety, desperate for money.4 : involving extreme danger or possible disaster, a desperate situation.5 : of extreme intensity

1 comments:

Lara said...

I saw this entry on the jsi blog but decided to comment on here. I think i desperately want to be desperate for God. I want to pray this prayer and I know I have, but is this something I truly know and understand with my heart?! I sit and look at who I am and how i'm becoming comfortable in a life that is easy going and almost effortless and I find myself feeling empty wondering what's the purpose of it all? I want to be those people, those who asked to eat merely the CRUMBS from Jesus' table to merely touch the FRINGE of His cloak. I want to be THAT desperate that the simple things become SO extravagant. It's my prayer that I become desperate for Father and in that, desperate for the nations.