CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Waiting

We are just waiting for Carson to make his arrival. Could be any day now. I am excited but also scared about this new adventure. Everyone says that when you first hold your child and look into their face it changes you forever and you can't imagine life without them... I am clinging to this promise when I start to get a little sad thinking that soon it will no longer be just Marcus and me.

Am I scared? Scared about the late nights, crying for no reason, our child getting sick, living so far away from friends and family, Oh yeah- but I take great comfort in knowing that no first time parents know what they are doing with their first kid. It's a lot of trail and error and then somehow, someday it just all clicks.

I think I am ready to be a mom but how do you truly prepare for this life changing event? My prayer is that I will be a good mom and raise up our son in the way that he should go, pointing him constantly to Father, and preparing and cultivating his heart to know and love God.

As I wait, I give thanks for the support group I have around me who will help me and encourage me in the days ahead... family, friends, co-workers, etc. I praise God for giving me a godly husband. I can't wait to see Marcus as a dad- He's proven to be an amazing husband and he is going to be a great father, I just know it. And, I praise God for being Immanuel, the God who is with us. I know my relationship with Him will deepen and grow as I am constantly on my knees asking him to help me raise this child and giving me peace and guidance.

Although I am waiting now I know soon ready or not Carson will make his appearance. I am praying for a safe delivery, a healthy baby boy, and honestly that he will be cute... and not just to us his parents, haha.

0 comments: