CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Boy or Girl? Smart or... Not so Smart?

Here are some interesting comments I've received since being pregnant about how to determine the sex and intelligence of the baby.


As I move along in my pregnancy I should be able to determine if I am carrying a boy or girl by these criteria...

FOOD: If a pregnant mom is craving sour things, she is carrying a girl.
If she is craving salty or spicy things, she is carrying a boy.
APPEARANCE: My tutor couldn't stop staring at me in class one day. I kept asking her if I was saying things wrong and she finally said, "You look so beautiful today!" "Thank you," I replied. She went on to tell me that most women when they get pregnant start to look ugly, but that I still look very pretty. She also said that if a pregnant woman looks pretty during her pregnancy that she will have a girl. If her appearance changes however and she is no longer pretty during pregnancy, she will have a boy.
For those of you who have boys, please don't take offense to this. I am sure you were very pretty during your pregnancy. We will have to see if my appearance changes over the next few months to see whether or not we will have a boy or girl. I am sure my teacher will tell me if I no longer look attractive. Speaking one's mind, even if it seems very rude to us is just part of the culture.

Other interesting findings. According to the saying here, our child will be very smart! We are already proud parents.
"When is your baby due?"
"In January," I tell them.
"That is great; your baby will be very smart!!"
"Why do you say this?," I ask.
"Oh, babies born in the winter grow up to be very smart, those born in the Spring and Summer have some intelligence, and those born in the Fall are not intelligent at all."
"Really?," I reply, "This is very interesting; I have never heard these things before."
"Oh yes, it is true. Many people in China believe this."
Sad thing is... I've heard this statement from a few different people here over the last few weeks...um? Very Interesting uh? Any comments?

0 comments: