CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 10, 2006

Granny


Granny, Marcus’ great grandmother died last night. Back in August she began to not feel well. I remember talking to her after we got back from Germany and she told me “I’m so tired, I’m ready to go home.” A week later she had a pacemaker put in. That helped her a lot, she was energetic again. I remember during Thanksgiving, she ate all of her Thanksgiving meal. I was told that that was something she had not been able to do in a long time. I think I will always remember her the way she was at our wedding. I remember seeing her on the dance floor having a great time. We were so thankful that she made it to see that day. She also lived to see the birth of Hayden Gunter, Marcus' sister's baby. He was born last week.

While she was in the hospital I was told that she gave everyone she came into contact with a cross that she had made and told everyone that Jesus loved them. A few weeks she ago she took a turn for the worse. Every time we heard the phone ring we thought it could be the call. Last night it was “that call.” After we heard the news, all I could think about was that in that instant she was home, she was healed, she was with the ONE her heart longed to be with for so long. I am rejoicing for her now, and yes, I’m even a little envious. No more pain, no more tears… She is in the presence of Jesus, staring into her makers face. I am glad I had the opportunity to know Granny. Her life blessed so many lives including my own.

1 comments:

Lara said...

I love you beautiful girl!
I'm praying for you, Marcus and your whole family! I love you :)

Lara