At my job, I work at the very front of the office. My co-worker’s offices are towards the back of the office . Most of the days, I find myself sitting all alone waiting for either for the phone to ring or for an assignment. Lately, it’s been really quiet at work… the phone doesn’t ring that much and there is nothing at the moment for me to work on. Very few people come into our office and all of my co-workers are busy designing buildings and such in their offices. All of this to say, that I get very lonely and restless at work. Everyone is really nice and, but I don’t see enough of them to really get to know them.
I honestly believe that the Father provided this job for me for now. Honestly I do. When I look back over the past six months, I see his hand placing me here. But, I wonder why? I sit here at my desk and look out the window and I wonder why He placed me in a job where honestly I don’t have much contact with a lot of people and I am not able to really build relationships with those who do work here. As I sit alone at my desk, I dream and long for the day when my husband and I will live overseas and make a difference among the nations. Yet, I don’t want to WAIT to make a difference among the nations. I want to live a missional life here and now, right now where I am. I want to be used by Him no matter where I may live.
Ready or Not
9 years ago

1 comments:
Kat,
I know how you feel. I work with the same 5 people 5 days a week. Though I've built relationships with them, there's only so much one can do until the Spirit opens the eyes of their heart. It's frustrating. I don't have a job like Elaine where I'm surrounded by hundreds of students, many of them hurting for that relationship.
Don't grow weary. You all only have a few months left in Lubbock, but God has a niche for you. It would be silly to think that God is "putting you on the shelf" until you get to Germany. Don't worry, I know that's not what you think. That's why sometimes I feel like I must go out of my way to meet new people.. It kinda stinks because it's not really "fun" for me, but I'd rather spend the next 5 months trying that feeling in my heart, "Oh, only until Seminary."
Hang in there!
Post a Comment