
Each year on Oct. 20th, I set aside time to remember what Father has done for me and praise Him for his healing and faithfulness in my life. Five years ago, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and on Oct. 20th 2003 I was admitted into the hospital to have the tumor removed. There are a lot of things I remember about that day… the drive to the hospital with my family, friends and family coming to the hospital to see me while the nurses were preparing me for surgery, the doctor shaving the side of my head, and going to the bathroom just to be alone to try to gain control of my emotions so that I did not lose it and make all those around me cry and worry as well. I remember being so scared but at the same time sensing Father’s grace and peace that morning. I felt His presence so near as they wheeled me away from my family and into the operating room.
Surgery went well and three days later, I was released from the hospital. What a miracle. When I think of all Father’s allowed me to do in the last five years I stand in awe of him. Before I had surgery, I journaled a lot and told Father that I wanted to live… I wanted to graduate from college, get married, live overseas, have a family someday, travel, etc. Father has given the desires of my heart and I praise Him for that.
Yesterday, we had our seven month doctor appointment. While laying on the examining table listening to my baby’s heart beat I got a little tearing eyed as I remembered laying on the operating table about to have surgery five years ago. It was a precious time of praising God for my own life and also for the life that is growing inside me.
We got to see our baby’s face at our appointment. How awesome is technology! What a great anniversary gift. They say his femur bone in pretty long and that we might be expecting a big boy. No wonder I’ve been feeling him move a lot. Marcus and I can’t wait to welcome Carson Alcadio Pedroza to the world in just a few short months and thank Father for another one of His miracles.
Ready or Not
9 years ago

2 comments:
That is a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing your testimony of everything you felt, your dreams and the wonder answers that have happened in the last 5 years.
Post a Comment